Have you ever thought about what your marriage is worth? I was watching the news this morning where a woman who was married to Beattles Paul McCartney was awarded some 48.6 million dollars after being married for close to 4 years. She was tickled at the outcome and I was astonished! This was because I did the math...money verses love and eternal happiness. When they married they claimed it was forever...they both stated they found the love of their lives. She didn't sign a prenup because she wanted to prove to everyone she was not marrying for money. In the end she did just that. She married for money. She fought, cat scratched and discussed the private things of her marriage to ensure she received a huge settlement. Love...huh? Eternal happiness?
Ivy and I talked about the worth of our marriage. We both agree that it is priceless. If we divorced, we walk away with nothing but a failed marriage. It wouldn't matter how much money we earned, we failed. We failed ourselves and we failed our children.
Just random thinking this morning. Have a good day.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment