Sunday, March 16, 2008

Girl's Night Out

Last night was fun. It was our 2nd meeting of our special Girl's Night Only...get it? Anyway we inducted a new member last night, Monica. Tiffany, Nina, Monica and I met at Teayona and Arielle's new apartment. Pat, Ina, Teayona(who had to work), and Arielle(who is in California until Tuesday) couldn't make it. We talked for a bit then went to Cafe Phoenica for dinner. We all love the food there (Greek). The meal was wonderful and the conversation and friendships were even better. We all have so much to bring to the table and we are all so very different but yet so much alike. I know that sounds crazy, but eventhough our personalities range from near perfect to close to psychotic, we all enjoy our lives and our familes and our roles as mothers and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father.

Monica will be a good addition to our group. She was a little uncertain of what to expect, but after the icebreaker where we told her why we have our special Girl's Night, she was okay and the night was off to what I deemed to be one of my best nights out in a long time.

We ended earlier than we did the last time, but the time was indeed well spent. We have already started planning next month's get together. We are going to meet on the 11th. That is the weekend before Nina's birthday. We are going to have a wig party! That's right up my alley and I am looking forward to seeing everyone with different hair styles.

I love my friends. They can get a little crazy at times, they can make me crazy sometimes and I know I make them crazy most of the time, but they are a part of my life and without each part of my life that they represent (does that make sense?), I am extremely grateful for my Heavenly Father who knew what kind of friends and support system I would need.

Donna out for now.

1 comment:

Seth Washburn said...

who is the near psychotic one...never mind, don't answer...I think i know! ;)

P.S. this isn't seth...it is me, but i am too lazy to logout of his account. HA!